Evolution Studios joined Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) in 2007. The studio was founded in 1999 by a core team of simulation specialists. Success came early for the team with the "World Rally Championship" licensed series, which sold over five million copies.
After this, Evolution created "MotorStorm®" for PlayStation®3 in 2006. "MotorStorm®" was developed as one of the PlayStation®3 launch titles, and sold over 3.5 million copies worldwide. In 2007, it won both the Develop Industry Excellence Award and the Annual Interactive Achievement award for Racing Game of the Year. The sequel, "MotorStorm®: Pacific Rift", reached one million sales just six weeks after release.
Its heritage means that Evolution has a reputation for incredible underlying simulation technology, as well as being recognised as one of the best studios when it comes to photorealistic graphics. The studio has its own video-editing suite and the advanced R&D team provides project support across all levels of development.
The Worldwide Studios Stereoscopic 3D team is also based at Evolution. The team has been pioneering 3D game development since 2008, drawing on a wealth of previous experience working with high-end 3D simulators for F1 and aviation. The team offers advice and support to all developers wanting to create the best stereoscopic 3D gaming experience for PlayStation®3. Evolution was also one of the first studios to make downloadable content available - a practice now well established within SCE WWS.
Evolution Studios is based in the heart of Cheshire, between Liverpool and Manchester, which means employees are ideally placed to enjoy the benefits of two of the UK's liveliest cities. Subsidised food and drink for employees is also provided, with leisure facilities on site for that all-important screen break time.
WWS Europe offers a comprehensive range of benefits in addition to competitive salary levels. Benefits include;
- Healthcare scheme for employees (This can be extended to cover dependents at a beneficial rate)
- Life Assurance cover
- Permanent Health Insurance (Policy to provide payments in the event of long-term illness or disability)
- Pension Scheme (Defined contribution Plan)
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Free Games allocation
- ChildCare Vouchers
- Dental Plan insurance (Discounted arrangement for employees - this can be extended to cover dependents at a beneficial rate)
- Eyecare Vouchers (To cover cost of eye examination and contribute towards cost of spectacles if required)
- Training and development programmes (Technical and soft skills training)
- Employee Assistance Programme
Please note; Benefits may vary and can change from time to time
©2009 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.