London Studio was established in 2001 with the amalgamation of the Soho Studio and the Psygnosis Camden Studio, and is Sony Computer Entertainment （SCE)'s largest internal development studio in Europe. Located in the heart of the capital's creative Soho district, London Studio is made up of over 300 staff working in a purpose-designed six-storey building.
With SCE Europe Headquarters as its neighbour, studio employees benefit from wider corporate facilities which include a large in-house catering space that transforms into an evening bar venue after work hours.
In recent years, the studio has gained an enviable reputation for creating fun, innovative games, with a diverse portfolio of titles demonstrating the versatility of the PlayStation® range of consoles and offering something for everyone.
The BAFTA award-winning "EyeToy®" and "SingStar®" franchises, which pioneered the concept of social gaming, have been credited with introducing millions of new players to console gaming. EyePet™ for PS3™, which was released in 2009, with versions for the Playstation®Move and PSP™ following in 2010, is helping to ensure gaming's popularity with a younger audience.
London Studio is also where you'll find the team behind PlayStation Home, a virtual 3D community hub for PlayStation gamers. From original games to immersive spaces packed with exclusive content, PlayStation®Home provides players with a rich and dynamic gaming experience only possible on the PlayStation®3.
London Studio continues to focus on broadening the appeal of PlayStation® consoles and gaming as a pastime. The studio is committed to exploring new concepts in both software and hardware, ensuring it remains at the forefront of social and lifestyle gaming.
WWS Europe offers a comprehensive range of benefits in addition to competitive salary levels. Benefits include:
- Healthcare scheme for employees (this can be extended to cover dependents at a beneficial rate)
- Life assurance cover
- Permanent health insurance (policy to provide payments in the event of long-term illness or disability)
- Pension scheme (defined contribution Plan)
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Free games allocation
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental plan insurance (discounted arrangement for employees - this can be extended to cover dependents at a beneficial rate)
- Eyecare vouchers (to cover cost of eye examination and contribute towards cost of spectacles if required)
- Training and development programmes (technical and soft skills training)
- Employee assistance programme
Please note: benefits may vary and can change from time to time